Have you or someone you know been involved in a motorcycle accident in the Redlands and Inland Empire area? The experienced legal team at Harsh Law is standing by to help you recover and seek the compensation you may be entitled.
Prejudice against motorcyclists is common – even in California. Sharing the road often requires that motorcyclists use extreme care to avoid accidents. Sometimes defensive driving is enough, but collisions occur when there is a lack of awareness and respect for other vehicles on the road.
Motorcycles share the road with cars, trucks, SUVs as well as numerous types of commercial vehicles. Without the safety and weight of a vehicle, motorcyclists are 26 times more likely to die or be severely injured in an accident than people in passenger vehicles, according to the Insurance Information Institute (http://www.iii.org/issue-update/motorcycle-crashes). The limited protection provided by motorcycle puts riders at a much greater risk of injury or death in an accident.
Because motorcyclists have little to no protection, even a moment of negligent driving can be devastating.
Common causes of motorcycle crashes include:
- Mobile Phone Distraction – The greatest increase in accidents over the past 10 years has been the rise of distracted driving due to the use of smart phones and other smart devices by drivers of passenger vehicles.
- Changing Lanes Without Checking for Motorcycles – Drivers are not always as careful as they should be. When a driver changes lanes without looking for motorcycles, they can collide with the motorcycle, causing devastating injuries.
- Failure to Yield – Failing to yield is one of the most common causes of accidents. While there are a variety of reasons these types of accidents occur, they are generally caused by inattention.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signs and Lights – Running a red light or stop sign might not seem like a major traffic violation, but the reality is this carelessness puts lives at risk.
- Road Hazards – Because motorcycles only have two wheels, the center of gravity is not as stable as four wheeled vehicles. When roads are not properly maintained, even small potholes could cause a motorcycle to lose control.
Injuries from Motorcycle Wrecks
Harsh Law represents victims of motorcycle accidents. Our clients suffer from, most commonly, road rash / abrasions on the skin caused by contact with the road and traumatic brain injury (TBI). A medical team will provide you the care needed for recovery and as your attorney, we will seek to have all treatment and recovery costs covered.
CALLOUT: Motorcyclists are legally entitled to receive compensation for dangerous actions taken by negligent drivers.
Why Hire A Great Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
It’s not only a good idea to hire a lawyer that understands motorcycle accidents, but also a lawyer that has experience practicing law in the Redlands and San Bernardino county areas.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle crash, you probably have many questions, but a motorcycle accident lawyer can help answer these questions for you so you can focus on getting better. You might think your motorcycle insurance will cover all of your expenses, but the reality is insurance companies want to limit their payout as much as possible. Without an attorney by your side, your insurance carrier might offer lowball settlements that fail to cover all of your expenses.
With the help of an excellent attorney, negligent parties can be held responsible, through legal action. If your case goes to trial, you will need experienced attorneys who can properly demonstrate your case to the jury. Our attorneys work with industry experts and crash reconstruction specialists to help you win your case.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Redlands Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
The attorneys of Harsh Law offer free consultations with no obligations.
We work on a contingency fee basis – meaning you won’t owe us anything unless we help you recover the compensation you deserve.